Search Linux Wireless

[mac80211]: wds link and Radius authentication issue

	Sorry I did some mistake in my configuration.

	The sta was not include in the bridge, because my configuration was wrong.

	Now My configuration is correct.
		I'm running mac80211 backport 5.4-rc8-1 on AP and sta (client)
		I was set the WDS feature on sta (the AP accept the wds sta, and automatically put it in my bridge)
		I bridged the sta with my ETH0
		The security policy was set to WPA-EAP (I tested PEAP-MSCHAPV2 and EAP-TLS)

	With this settings, the authentication is successful but I can't ping the AP from sta, and I can't ping the sta from AP.

	The origin of this issue is the broadcast frame format. These frames are sent in 3 addr mode, and the test in rx.c from driver/net/mac80211. In function __ieee80211_data_to_8023 drop these frame.
	I attach a pcap file, you can see the authentication, WPA exchange. The frame #205, #208, #213 .. are a broadcast/multicast frame sent from my AP. These frame are in 3 addr format (TO DS and FROM DS are not set to 1).

	In older version these frames are sent in 4addr format (but sent one time per station).

	So now where should I make a fix:
		- In transmit side, I should change the code to send the frame in 4addr format, but that can break another work (because I will send one frame per sta).
		- In Rx side, I should accept the broadcast frame in 3addr if the transmitter address is my peer (the sta or the bssid).

	I need your help to fix this issue.

	Thanks

Cedric Voncken.