Search Linux Wireless

Re: kernel panic on p54pci insertion on mipsel

Luis R. Rodriguez schrieb:
On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 2:54 PM, Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Johannes Berg schrieb:
Call Trace:[<c0060000>][<c0057150>]
My magic crystal ball says that this is not inside p54 at all, and
indeed a problem in your kernel patches. :P
An amazingly advanced crystal ball you have ;)

So, a final update: ASUS WL-500gP (v1) running with OpenWRT patches and a
prism54 mini-pci card:

- panics / oopses with p54pci.ko

Can't help you there, and what Johannes was trying to say is the call
trace doesn't help us as its just hex values to us. We would need the
mapped culprit routines.

Is there a link anywhere explaining how to get these to help debugging?

- doesn't work with prism54.ko module (similar messages to
http://marc.info/?l=linux-wireless&m=120250829717134&w=2)

We need more details, or do you get *exactly* the same error messages?

"Out of memory, cannot handle oid" comes up after a failed kmalloc()
while trying to handle an interrupt and management frame (not 802.11
frame) from the firmware. From that archived mailing list though the
oid 0x080002ff is mentioned and... well prism54 doesn't know what that
is. I wonder if the firmware is triggering random interrupts with
bogus oids.

If you can provide a complete log it can help.

I'll try to post it later today in the evening.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org