Search Linux Wireless

Re: Mesh network project, feedback wanted

On Tue, Aug 05, 2008 at 12:38:40PM +0100, Keir wrote:

> With this in mind, me and my supervisor came up with the project
> proposal that I have attached, however neither of us are hugely
> familiar with Linux mesh development.  I was wondering, does this seem
> like a sensible project proposal? Is there something better I could be
> doing given my resources?

It isn't clear to me from reading your proposal whether or not you
are aware of this:

	http://www.open80211s.org/

Were you planning to implement mesh networking code?  Or some sort
of network management code that would configure/enable/disable
mesh vs. STA vs. IBSS modes?  Or simply something that did manual
configurations and then did testing/measurements?

Obviously the 1st option is the least useful in general.
The 2nd option might be interesting especially in cooperation
with NetworkManager or a similar project.  The third option is
the most academic.  Alas, it might also make for the most boring
paper/presentation... :-)

Hth...good luck!

John
--