Search Linux Wireless

Re: [Linux Realtek Wi-Fi support] rtl8192ee related bug

In-kernel version of 5.3.1 works, but provides the same poor latency:
if you're not downloading something in the background, ping gets
higher and higher from around 5ms to around 100ms, then back to ~5.

By saying 'unusable' out-of-the kernel driver I mean that changes that
I made to it (to work with 5.2.X) no longer help to use it with new
5.3.1.
It compiles without errors with several fall-thru warnings, but when I
modprobe it, dmesg says (as far as I could understand) that the module
was unable to load firmware. But modprobe ends with status code = 0.

As a result, there's no wireless device shown by ifconfig or iwconfig at all.