Search Linux Wireless

Re: Vendor support stickers for devices supported under Linux wireless

Hi.

Nick Kossifidis wrote:
> users. That's why the whole process must include some kind of
> certification from our side. I guess a centralized wiki page should
> work, or if vendors want a more formal certification, we can have
> developers of the corresponding driver, sign of a text declaring that
> this card is "linux best choice" or something like that.

Which reminds me of a topic that has been some time ago:

How about a "Linux Wireless Foundation"? Some kind of official entity that
wireless vendors could talk to for Linux support, certification process
for getting the logo, and so on.
It could either be a simple contact for vendors (something they can talk
to in order to get in contact with the Linux Wireless folks), or could be
something like a round-table where the Linux wireless community and
interested vendors are represented to coordinate with each other.

A testbed run by this entity also comes to my mind. It could be used for
compatibility tests in terms of the certification process, and to support
driver developers by granting access to the testbed for development
purposes.

Bye, Mike