Search Linux Wireless

Re: iwlwifi module crash

Maybe we don't have the same issue, but today this one solved it for
me: `rmmod iwlmvm; rmmod iwlwifi; modprobe iwlwifi`. Well, kind of. It
couldn't really connect to any network afterwards, but after another
such dance it was finally back to normal.

The device disappears from iwconfig for me when this happens, so it is
easy to detect and correct with few lines of shell. It can also be
gone from lspci as well. Another alternative would be to set up a
syslog-ng program destination triggered by a patterndb sample matching
the noted failures among the kernel messages.

If it gets stuck without a visible sign, you could watch Inactive time
and tx failures in `iw dev wlan0 station dump` increase sharply in
case of issues. If you need a bit more reliability, it is easy to ping
the AP or gateway every second and refresh the connection in case of
too many consecutive missing replies.