Search Linux Wireless

Re: Commit 741b4fbc44 (mac80211: fix TX sequence numbers) breaks rtl8187

> PS setting is rather global NIC state and should be set as user
> preference rather then per application ... socket. If I understand
> correctly what you mean by application.
> What user actually selects is performance/power consumption trade off.

yes, but what we also pointed out was that the user isn't able to make a
good trade-off, and PS isn't necessarily linear anyway. Therefore,
making the default be based on letting applications set what sort of
latency/quality guarantees they set makes sense for a good user
experience with maximum power saving that doesn't affect applications,
if the user wants to go higher maybe we can later allow that in some
way, but the default should be based on what performance apps expect.

johannes