Search Linux Wireless

Re: Action frame sent as TID 6

On 3/28/19 2:36 PM, Ben Greear wrote:
While debugging some issues with neighbor query action frames, I ran into
an interesting set of issues.

For reasons I do not yet understand, sometimes wpa_supplicant has bss->freq == 0
when associated, and so sending an action frame chooses to send a 'command'
frame instead of an mlme frame, because it thinks we are doing off-channel tx.

When this happens, I end up seeing the action frame sent out on TID 6 in
the ath10k firmware.  This fails to send for a variety of reasons.

When supplicant evidently has the proper bss->freq, then action frames
go through the mlme code path, and then I see frames hit the ath10k
firmware on the mgt tid as expected.

I can hack around this in several different places, but in hopes of doing
this more correctly:  What exactly is supposed to configure the TID
for off-channel TX?

Thanks,
Ben

Well, this was my bug after all, down in the firmware.

Based on previous debugging though, likely the supplicant offchan thing will
still need to be fixed so that we can send action frames to our AP
on radar channels.

I'm 4 bugs deep though, so stepping back up to bug 3 now that the TID
issue is resolved.

Enjoy,
Ben

--