Search Linux Wireless

Re: ath9k working, almost

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 9:20 AM, Alistair John Strachan
<alistair@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sunday 27 July 2008 16:07:05 Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:

>> > The signal strength code in NM hasn't changed for quite a long time.
>> > Chances are it's the driver not reporting correctly.  What's the
>> > iwconfig output for while you're connected to your AP?
>> >
>> >  Link Quality=92/100  Signal level=-36 dBm  Noise level=-91 dBm
>> >
>> > That's the line I care about.
>>
>> Its definitely borked, we just have to fix it. Its on our TODO list,
>> unless someone gets to it first.
>
> This is probably an issue of not RTFM'ing (sorry), but are there documents
> enabling Joe User to contribute this kind of thing?

No documents, just the source.

> How much of the XXX fixups are you planning on doing yourself, and how many
> would you like help with?

We plan on doing a lot, I'll post a new series in a few minutes with
about 15 patches from us. If you'd like to work on the link quality
that would be greatly welcomed. What you can expect from us soon is
more enhancements to STA, enabling IBSS, and AP. If it helps we can
try to come up with a list of elements we can take care of and a few
others we can use community help with. But in general patches from the
community are greatly welcomed and encouraged. We all just want the
best driver possible. We can also coordinate if you want to work on
something in particular.

  Luis