Search Linux Wireless

Re: [BUG] mt76x0u: Probing issues on Raspberry Pi 3 B+

> On Mon, 11 Feb 2019, Stanislaw Gruszka wrote:

> > > Has anyone considered adding SG support to dwc2?  It shouldn't be very
> > > difficult.  The corresponding change for ehci-hcd required adding no
> > > more than about 30 lines of code.
> >
> > That would be cool. Perhaps somebody with dwc2 hardware could do this.
> >
> > However in mt76x02u we possibly would like to support other usb host
> > drivers with sg_tablesize = 0 . I would like to clarify what is correct
> > to do with such drivers.
> >
> > Is ok to pass buffer via urb->sg with urb->num_sgs = 1 ? Or maybe
> > urb->num_sgs should be 0 to pass buffer via urb->sg on such drivers ?
> > Or maybe non of above is correct and the only option that will work
> > in 100% is pass buffer via urb->transfer_buffer ?
>
> See the kerneldoc for usb_sg_init(), usb_sg_wait(), and usb_sg_cancel()
> in drivers/usb/core/message.c.  These routines will always do the right
> thing -- however usb_sg_wait() must be called in process context.
>
> Alan Stern

Hi Alan,

I actually used usb_sg_init()/usb_sg_wait() as reference to implement
mt76u {tx/rx} datapath, but I will double-check.
I guess we should even consider if there are other usb host drivers
that do not implement SG I/O and it is worth to support.
I am wondering if the right approach is to add SG to the controller
one by one or have legacy I/O in mt76 (not sure what is the 'best'
approach)
What do you think?

Regards,
Lorenzo