Search Linux Wireless

Re: [RFC 0/5] add XDP support to mt76x2e/mt76x0e drivers

On Nov 28, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen wrote:
> Lorenzo Bianconi <lorenzo.bianconi@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> >> No, I guess not; except here it potentially applies to all packets
> >> (things like BAW tracking), and it is *in addition* to TCP.
> >
> > Yes, here it is a little bit harder, but I was meaning that the bpf program
> > has to be very careful when dropping a packet :)
>
> Yeah. What kind of filtering were you thinking you would use this for in
> the short term?

When I started working on XDP for mt76 I was thinking about BSSID filtering but
I was looking for a more general solution respect to add that feature in the
driver. Moreover we could use bpf for fast packet filtering when you add an
interface in monitor mode. Nevertheless I guess there could be other use cases not
limited to frame filtering. My primary goal with this series is to collect
ideas/concerns on WiFi XDP/eBPF possible uses cases.

Regards,
Lorenzo