Search Linux Wireless

Re: mac80211_hwsim: multiple antennas

Sorry. I meant throughput.

Let's considering GI=800ns - 20MHz:

Without setting the MCS value the throughput is around 18Mbps.
tx bitrate 58.5 MBit/s MCS 6
rx bitrate 48.0 MBit/s

Then I set the bitrate to ht-mcs-2.4 13, 14 and finally 15. Although
the tx bitrate increases as expected the maximum throughput is around
33Mbps
tx bitrate: 117.0 MBit/s MCS 14
rx bitrate: 54.0 MBit/s

I also tried the same with 40Mhz and the throughput doesn't change.
The maximum throughput is always ~33Mbps. Even when the tx bitrate is
300Mbps the maximum throughput is still ~33Mbps.

I noticed that the rx birate is related to the hwsim_rates from
mac80211_hwsim, however, increasing the value provided by hwsim_rates
doesn't change the throughput.

My topology consists of three nodes. 2 clients and one AP working with
hostapd. The hostapd config file includes ieee80211n=1 and
ht_capab='[HT40+]'. Sometimes I can see that tx bitrate is working at
40Mhz. However, it doesn't work at 40Mhz when there are data traffic.
The RSSI of both clients is -60dBm, but I also tried with -50dBm and
-40dBm. Tested with both 2.4 and 5Ghz.

This is my per.c file
(https://github.com/ramonfontes/wmediumd/blob/ieee80211n/wmediumd/per.c).
I only check if the rate-flags == IEEE80211_TX_RC_MCS and I force some
of the rateset added in my per.c.

Given this brief explanation I was wondering if it could be related to
the number of antennas.

Thank you in advance.
Ramon