Search Linux Wireless

Re: Intel 8265 iwlwifi broken on recent linux-firmware

Emmanuel Grumbach wrote:
> I checked the diff between e91976c0 and 7596afd4 and it is very very small.
> Is your machine dual boot?
> A few users have reported a race between BT firmware load and Wifi
> firmware load. They also reported that booting in Windows, and then
> shutting down in Windows helps to boot Linux properly.

Hi!

It was actually 2 weeks ago when I noticed the problem, and I've used
the older firmware since then. I just had in the bottom of my
"backlog" to report this somewhere. I now tested again with the newer
firmware, and this time it seems to work!

My machine is not dual boot, but I've had several warm and cold boots
in between. Maybe this had an effect? Dunno, but now it works.

Thanks, and sorry for the noise.

Petri