Search Linux Wireless

Re: Where to report mpdus tx vs failed?

On Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 10:34 AM Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> While debugging rate-ctrl in ath10k, I found the amount of mpdus transmitted vs failed
> ratio useful.  Probably more useful than retries since retries could count an attempt at
> 80Mhz followed by HW trying a 40Mhz rate (afaik).
>
> Is there a good way to report this up the stack in a useful manner?  I currently only
> get this stat for the first frame in an transmitted ampdu.

debugfs? Is it useful for someone working on it, like a sysadmin or
kernel programmer?  Or is it useful for programs to know?  In the
first case I'd say debugfs, in the second case I'd suggest it goes in
some tx stats structure that is reported by netlink.

Also, is it something that is given by (or should be given by) all
drivers, or is it very driver-specific?

- Steve