Search Linux Wireless

Re: wireless dongle causing entire machine to hang

Hi Stanislaw,

I had considerable difficulty getting the module compiled and
installed. I had ignored your first patch, and only applied the second
patch (that you said compiles), but it turns out to be missing the
variable declarations portion of the first patch. After taking that
portion of the first patch, I managed to get the module to compile and
installed.

After one week of testing, I'm not able to cause the USB protocol
error (-71) to happen, except by disconnecting the device from the USB
bus. So I'm not able to fully ascertain if your patch really solved
the issue or not. Sorry... At least I can say that it doesn't break
anything!

I will try to continue testing, and report the results if I can manage
to get the error to surface again.

Cheers,
Randy