Search Linux Wireless

Re: feedback on mainlining wilc1000 staging driver

On Fri, 17 Aug 2018 11:36:02 +0300
Kalle Valo <kvalo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Arend van Spriel <arend.vanspriel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> >> Good.

> >> I think the best way to get that forward is to submit a patch (or
> >> patchset) to linux-wireless, that's the easiest for reviewers.
> >
> > For brcm80211 drivers we used a single patch introducing it under
> > the wireless drivers folder. Because it was quite a sizable patch we
> > parked it on the wireless wiki page. Had a few iterations doing it
> > like that.
>
> Another option is to split it so that there's one patch per file,
> should be even pretty easy to automate that. It's just so much easier
> to comment on a patch submitted by email compared to the reviewer
> manually copying code and then commenting it, yuck.

Sure. I will prepare a patch per file send for review as its easy to
review.

As Greg suggested, I will wait for the merge window to close and
after completing pending patches to staging, I will start the review.

For my understanding, the patches for review will be based on
wireless-testing branch. And the fixes will be submitted to staging tree
in parallel. right?

Regards,
Ajay