Search Linux Wireless

Re: mac80211: AQM and block_tx

On 7/10/2018 12:25 PM, Sven Eckelmann wrote:
On Donnerstag, 5. Juli 2018 10:47:11 CEST Sven Eckelmann wrote:
Hi Toke,

we are currently testing DFS with ath10k and noticed that AQM seems to ignore
cfg80211_csa_settings->block_tx. Problem is now that the channel switch is
started on a detected radar

   echo 1 >/sys/kernel/debug/ieee80211/phy1/ath10k/dfs_simulate_radar

NL80211_ATTR_CH_SWITCH_BLOCK_TX is set for the channel switch by hostapd but
the AP still sends QoS data to the client.

Was there a fix for such a problem which I might have missed? I've just worked
around that by setting wake_tx_queue TO NULL in ath10k. This still must be
verified but at least I didn't see any packets anymore on a monitor interface.

Just as information, the ath10k Dakota devices went through DFS certification
but the AQM had to be disabled. Otherwise we would have had problems with the
FCC closing time.

I am working on a patch which takes care of stopping the iTXQs after detecting a radar(covering other scenarios where stopping iTXQs is important)
and there by making sure packets are not transmitted.

The patch is still under discussion but it's worth trying the patch given below and see if it fixes the DFS channel closing time issue; you need not disable AQM while trying this patch.
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10516887/

-Manikanta