Search Linux Wireless

Re: Atheros AR9462 - 5Ghz not working

+ Martin

On 6/18/2018 3:53 PM, mgreger@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

---- Tom Psyborg <pozega.tomislav@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi

Your log only show attemps on ch 2447, Can you try connecting to 5GHz
AP? Connect to Hidden Wireless Network option at the bottom of the
nm-applet? Running airodump in monitor mode to see if it captures
anything? Maybe your laptop's antennas were designed for 2.4G card
only but this just dumb guessing...

It won't connect to any 5GHz AP.
I don't run network manager or Gnome, in fact X11 is not installed on this machine at all.
I don't think there is such a thing as 2.4GHz vs 5GHz antennas.

Actually there is. At least there are 2.4G specific antennas and dual-band antennas.

In 4.11 there have been a couple eeprom related changes dealing with endianness of fields in eeprom. Could be those cause a regression for you. I don't have the exact sha id of those commits, but I added the author to this thread.

Regards,
Arend