Search Linux Wireless

Linux capable PDA with WLAN NIC that supports access point mode?

Hello all,
I'm looking for either a Linux capable PDA or a NIC that works
with a Linux capable PDA that supports access point mode.

Here are my thoughts on this topic:

I know that mac80211 is not there yet, but on the other hand
OpenWRT seems to run on a lot of hardware with very different NICs. How
does OpenWRT implement the AP functionality?

The SDIO based adapters are probably out of the question. Most of them
seem to be of the full mac variation (e.g. libertas_sdio). Correct?

I'm considering a PCCard based NIC with something like the old Compaq iPAQ
PC Card Expansion Pack. In this case an Atheros card with Madwifi might
work. Does this work? Is there a NIC (Broadcom maybe) that is better
suited?

Is there a CompactFlash based WLAN NIC with an AP capable Linux driver?

--
Thanks in advance an kind regards
       Joerg