Search Linux Wireless

Re: [RFT 6/6] wlcore: Use generic runtime pm calls for wowlan elp configuration

> > > With runtime PM enabled, we can now use generic calls to
> > > pm_generic_runtime_suspend and pm_generic_runtime_resume for
> enabling elp
> > > during suspend when wowlan is enabled and waking the chip from elp
> > > on resume.
> >
> > Sry, but not sure you can :(
> >
> > These functions are not used by drivers directly because system suspend
> > are not synchronized with PM runtime, so if you call
> pm_generic_runtime_suspend()
> > and, at the same time, there is pm_runtime_get_() in progress --> race ...
> >
> > The pm_runtime_force_() APIs have to be used, or
> > PM runtime drivers functions can be called directly, but only if it possible to
> be
> > sure no other PM runtime calls active which is usually true at
> suspend_noirq stage.
>
> Oh right, those are subsystem calls. Seems like
> pm_runtime_force_suspend/resume() should work here,
> Eyal?

Oh, nice, wasn't aware of the pm_runtime_force_() calls.
For some reason they are not documented in:
https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/power/runtime_pm.txt
Perhaps they should be?

Anyway I have tried them instead of pm_generic_runtime_() and they seem
To work fine on my platform.
Will test some more and submit a v2.

Best Regards,
Eyal