Search Linux Wireless

Re: [RFC] mac80211: add stop/start logic for software TXQs

On Mon, 2018-05-28 at 12:49 +0530, Manikanta Pubbisetty wrote:

> > This doesn't seem right, all the logic that clears the TXQ_STOP etc.
> > still needs to be invoked, otherwise your TXQ will get stuck completely
> > since you'll never run this code again.
>
> If the queues are blocked more than the block ack timeout then the
> traffic should be sent only in the next BA session.
> I am not really sure whether the queues will be blocked more than the
> block ack timeout value unless the queues are stopped because of
> multiple reasons.
> In any case, traffic will be pushed out in subsequent BA sessions, no?

I'm not really sure what you're saying, but it sounds almost like you're
confusing a "BA session" with a single A-MPDU? The session will get
stuck if you do the code this way, I think.

> > Also, you have the same problem as above - you never re-run this code so
> >   you'd get stuck completely.
>
> I didn't get your point here. By the time the queues gets started again,
> there could be possibility that the station might have been back to
> sleep. In this case, it is better not to send the traffic, no?
> Anyways, station would receive the traffic in the next cycle when it is
> out of sleep. Considering codel logic, there could be frame drops
> though; maybe I am missing something?

But this is still the old code before cycling, so you never get here
during the TX cycle you're thinking of?

johannes