Search Linux Wireless

Re: Simultaneous 2.4 GHz WiFi and Bluetooth issue on Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260

On 04/20/2018 01:03 AM, Emmanuel Grumbach wrote:
>> Under Windows 10, the hardware appears to work without issue.
>> Additionally, I believe I managed to warm-reboot from Windows 10 to
>> Linux (with Bluetooth connected), and was able to continue using the
>> same 2.4 GHz WiFi and Bluetooth audio sink without issue.
>
> This was reported in the past. Please make sure you have the latest BT
> firmware files.

This seems to have resolved the issue.  Interestingly, the firmware
(version...) shipped with Debian Sid is not in the official
linux-firmware.git repository; its md5sum doesn't match any of prior
versions of the file:

> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/log/intel/ibt-11-5.sfi

Emmanuel, how can I determine the firmware version ("FW Build" and/or
"Release Version") from a given file (e.g. ibt-11-5.sfi/.ddc)?

> Regardless of the BT firmware version thing which is a pure Intel
> problem, I have heard
> about problems in the BT stack itself but I can't help about this.

Though I've never really used the Bluetooth stack until this hardware,
it seems the stack/blueman-* applications only behave oddly when there's
problems with the firmware: never an issue when not using simultaneous
2.4 GHz WiFi + Bluetooth, or with this latest firmware, or approx. 2
years ago when I first started using this setup.

Thanks,
Nate