Search Linux Wireless

Re: [RFC 2/4] nl80211/mac80211: Extend NoAck policy command with peer MAC address

On Wed, 2018-03-28 at 10:24 +0530, vthiagar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > The question is how that interacts with having enough space - are you
> > sure this is a concern?
>
> This will not be an issue at lest for ath10k. This is mainly for a
> (new)driver
> which implements the offload but has limitation in supporting more than
> certain
> number of peers. Perhaps we can remove it now and add it when such
> driver is
> available?

Ok, that's good. Yes, I think that sounds better - I have a hard time
imagining a firmware/driver that has space for the station, but doesn't
automatically allocate a u16 bitmap as part of the station :-)

> > >   * @NL80211_CMD_SET_NOACK_MAP: sets a bitmap for the individual TIDs
> > > whether
> > > - *      No Acknowledgement Policy should be applied.
> > > + *	No Acknowledgement Policy should be applied. %NL80211_ATTR_MAC is
> > > used
> > > + *	to apply No Acknowledgement policy for a particular connected
> > > station.
> > > + *	Station specific NoAck policy configuration is valid only for
> > > STA's
> > > + *	current connection, i.e. the configuration will not be used when
> > > the
> > > + *	station connects back after disconnection/roaming.
> > > + *	When user-space does not include %NL80211_ATTR_MAC, the No
> > > + *	Acknowledgement Policy setting should be treated as per-netdev
> > > + *	configuration.
> >
> > Here you describe different semantics - i.e. you didn't describe the
> > "previous per-station settings are kept" part. I'm not sure that part
> > makes much sense anyhow?
>
> Not sure I got this comment right. As mentioned in the doc, the previous
> settings
> would be reset upon reconnection of the station and any ndev wide
> configuration
> will be used. As mentioned above, additionally default value will be set
> to the
> station to mark no per-station configuration is given so far.

I just thought that there was a difference in how this applies to a
certain station.

Btw, we should probably also have a way to *delete* the per-station
configuration, so it uses the default again?

johannes