Search Linux Wireless

Link specific statistics in Adhoc-Mode

Hello,

I'm one person working on the olsr.org mesh routing-daemon. At the
moment we are moving towards using layer 2 data for our routing metric
and I'm looking for a cheap (in terms of cpu power) way to get the
signal strength and bandwith of each link to the neighbors of the
node.

I know both values could be measured by using a raw socket with
radiotap header, but this consumes much too much cpu power on embedded
routers.
I looked at the implementation of the "iw" command, but it does not
contain the necessary information for our metric experiments.

Do you think it would be possible to include this values into the
nl80211 interface ? Is there another way (debugfs?) to get this values
I overlooked ?

Henning

--
"Wo kämen wir hin, wenn alle sagten, wo kämem wir hin, und niemand
ginge, um einmal zu schauen, wohin man käme, wenn man ginge." (Kurt