Search Linux Wireless

Re: Problem making compat-wireless-2.6

<snip>

Dang :-) This was the fix.

> Try editing drivers/net/wireless/b43/rfkill.c, and replacing
> RFKILL_STATE_UNBLOCKED with RFKILL_STATE_ON and
> RFKILL_STATE_SOFT_BLOCKED with RFKILL_STATE_OFF. Looks like rfkill is
> not part of the compat package, and no work has been done to match
> compat-wireless to older RFKILLs.

Thank you for such prompt responses. Although I did this for the b43 driver, I
ended up progressively having to do the same fix for the drivers for a couple
more, ie iwlwifi and rxt200

I am not concerned about the rxt200 but the driver I was interested in was the
iwl4965, so I am not sure that by changing the settings on iwl-rfkill.c I
have affected the driver I am using ....

Having said that... the email is brought to you courtesy of the iwl9645 wifi
device .. which has got to be a Good Thing ;-)

Agree about the proper way of doing things - should really install a newer
kernel, but I am strapped into an nVidia graphics card on my laptop and the
livna drivers keep pace well but I think I risk breaking these at the moment
with the newer kernel.

Thank you all for your prompt responses and asistance... on a weekend no
less :-) I'll monitor progress and contribute whatever little I can as I get
this new laptop settled.

Cheers
G.

--