Search Linux Wireless

Re: rtlwifi oops

On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 04:08:48AM +0300, nirinA raseliarison wrote:
> hi all,
> i applied the patch against 4.13.8. i still got some trouble, dmesg
> is below.

As this new event does not have "disabled by hub (EMI?)", it is a
different problem to your 19th October post, so I don't think the
patch is relevant.

> after i plugged the device, it seems to be detected and all modules
> loaded, but when i tried to connect to an access point, by using
> wicd, it halted after a while. at this point, all usb ports are
> broken, there was no more log in dmesg,

If the other USB ports are not responding, then your problem is
probably wider than the wireless device, and the wireless device
is acting as the "canary in the mine"; failing first because it is
the most active.

Can you test to exclude possibility of damaged USB host controller or
hub?

> lsusb still showed the device even after being unplugged. it got
> even worse as reboot failed.

Yes, once a USB host controller is failed, organised reboot can be
difficult.  lsusb not updated confirms host controller not responding.

> i cannot really trace the error as right now all thing works fine.

Your dmesg looks like you removed and reinserted the wireless device
several times.  Did you do that, or did the system do it without any
physical action?

A full dmesg from boot may be interesting, at least to better
understand the USB host controller.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/