Search Linux Wireless

Re: Help with bug "Black screen freeze on suspend to ram (rtl8188ee)"

On 10/17/2017 09:03 AM, Lauro Costa wrote:
Dear maintainer,

I have opened a bug report on bugzilla [1] regarding this issue I find when I attempt to suspend to ram, unfortunately no one has replied to me yet.

I assumed this issue is related to the driver rtl8188ee since the black screen doesn't happen when I rmmod the wifi driver, but I'm not sure what I have is enough to assume this.

Do you know if this driver rtl8188ee is supposed to support suspend to ram?

This system log message:

|(NULL device *): firmware: direct-loading firmware rtlwifi/rtl8188efw.bin|

is something I haven't seen before, I don't understand why it says (NULL device *). Could it mean there is something else wrong and the rtl driver crashes as a result of that?

I'm not sure how to further investigate this issue, so any advice you could give here or in the bug report would be much appreciated.

Sorry that I missed that bug report. Unfortunately, without the traceback from the occurrence of the bug, it will be very difficult to find the problem.

If you add a script to unload the module when the machine hibernates or suspends, and reloads it on startup, you should be able to avoid the lockups.

I will try to duplicate the problem here.

Larry