Search Linux Wireless

Re: Cisco's Wi-Fi Direct Client Policy and iwlwifi (8260)

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 08:20:02PM +0300, Luca Coelho wrote:
Hello Luca,

Thank you and Johannes for looking into this.

> > I'll try to dig the thread I had about this and take it again with our
> > system engineers to hear what they have to say about it.

Any news about that thread by any chance?

> > In the meantime, I think it would be helpful if you could contact Cisco
> > about this issue as well.

I heard from them that since there's a P2P IE transmitted from the
client then the behavior is correct. They recommended switching the
option in the AP to xconnect-not-allow which is supposed to allow
P2P-capable devices to associate as long as they won't use P2P
functionality.

> Also, as a workaround if you are really not interested in using P2P is
> to start wpa_supplicant with “p2p_disabled=1” in the configuration.
> This should prevent the P2P IE from being sent.

Unfortunately that didn't help. Although I was not able to run any
P2P-specific commands in wpa_cli (e.g. p2p_find, p2p_listen all
return FAIL) connecting to the AP in question kept failing.
Do you have any further hints on debugging this?

> --
> Cheers,
> Luca.

Thanks!