Search Linux Wireless

Re: [v2,1/2] qtnfmac: lock access to h/w in tx path

> > - these two fixes will show up in wireless-drivers-next at some point
> > in the future after you move wireless-drivers-next forward, rebasing
> > it on top of one of the upcoming "-rc"
>
> I would not use the term "rebase" here, as that means rewriting the
> history which should be avoided on public trees. What I usually do is to
> "merge" (git pull) or "fast forward" (git pull --ff-only).
>
> You are correct that eventually commits from wireless-drivers trickle
> down to wireless-drivers-next, I guess usually it takes something like
> 2-4 weeks. Most of them time they trickle down when Dave merges net to
> net-next and I fast forward wireless-drivers-next to latest net-next
> (after Dave has pulled from me). But occasionally I also merge
> wireless-drivers to wireless-drivers-next myself, for example I did that
> last cycle as there were major conflicts on iwlwifi and we wanted to fix
> those early on. The earlier the conflicts are resolved the smoother it
> is for everyone.

Understood.

> So if you have needs for getting the commits from wireless-drivers to
> wireless-drivers-next please let me know and let's see what's the best
> way forward.

Ok, good to know. But not this time, of course. We are keeping a bunch
of upcoming features and fixes in our internal tree on top of
wireless-drivers-next. So two more small patches for two more weeks
don't make any difference.

> Did this help?

Sure, thanks a lot for explanation!

Regards,