Search Linux Wireless

Re: AP6335 with mainline kernel

On 20-09-17 21:33, Vanessa Ayumi Maegima wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to enable Wifi on imx7d-pico using mainline kernel. imx7d-pico
has an AP6335 chip.

I am facing some issues related to the nvram file. I am using the firmware
provided by Buildroot (brcmfmac4339-sdio.bin). I get the following error:

[    8.630380] brcmfmac: brcmf_sdio_htclk: HT Avail timeout (1000000):
clkctl 0x50

I have tried to use the firmware and nvram provided by TechNexion but I get
the same error.

Is there anyone that could enable Wifi on AP6335 using kernel mainline?
What nvram file was used?

I am able to use Wifi on the board if I use the firmware, nvram file and kernel
provided by TechNexion. They use a 4.1 kernel from NXP with the bcmdhd
driver.

So I know that the hardware is functional.

Any suggestions as how to get it working with a 4.13 and brcmfmac driver is
appreciated.

So the nvram file is specific to the wifi chipset on your platform so best to stick with the provided one. The "HT Avail timeout" most often is an indication that the firmware crashed. So getting more debug output would help us understand how it ended up like that. Can you build the brcmfmac with CONFIG_BRCMDBG and load the driver using:

$ insmod brcmfmac.ko debug=0x1416

Regards,
Arend
Thanks!