Search Linux Wireless

Re: Problem with the wifi

Arend van Spriel ha scritto:
On 09-08-17 18:40, Larry Finger wrote:
On 08/08/2017 04:10 AM, Arend van Spriel wrote:
+ linux-wireless
+ Larry

please keep linux-wireless in this thread.

On 08-08-17 08:21, Paolo Bettini wrote:
Arend van Spriel ha scritto:
+ linux-wireless On 07-08-17 21:38, Paolo Bettini wrote:
Hi , i am Paolo and i installed Debian stretch on my ezbook2 . One
problem is the wifi , the card a SDIO device , seems to be 02d0:a9a6
linux id or Broadcom AP6212 for windows....i installed deb package
firmware-brcm80211 and nvram sdio txt in /lib/firmware/brcm, reloaded
bcrmfmac module but nothing the card seems invisible or dead i don't
know if is a problem of firmware or my system cannot detect the sdio
card ...do you know something about this problematic ?
As always a kernel log could help or output from dmesg command. Also
can you run following commands: $ ls /sys/bus/sdio/devices $ cat
/sys/bus/sdio/devices/*/modalias Regards, Arend
paolo@paolo:~$ ls /sys/bus/sdio/devices
mmc1:0001:1
paolo@paolo:~$

paolo@paolo:~$ cat /sys/bus/sdio/devices/*/modalias sdio:c07v024CdB723
paolo@paolo:~$ sorry for previous mail ....ls was from another pc....:-[
it seems the system see only the card where the system is installed

Hi Paolo,

Interesting. Now if Google search is correct the vendor id for this
device indicates this is a Realtek (v024C) WLAN (c07) device. So what
makes you say its linux id is 02d0:a9a6?

In upstream linux I do not see any SDIO device drivers in realtek
folder. Maybe Larry can provide clue/hint if a driver for this device is
publicly available somewhere.

Paolo,

The only Realtek SDIO device in common distribution is the RTL8723BS, which has been packaged with some Intel processors, and may now be part of other SBC's. This driver has been in staging since V4.12. It handles SDIO Vendor code 0x024c with device codes 0x0523, 0x0623, 0x0626, and 0xb723. If your device is one of these, then you only need to build a kernel with this driver enabled.

He has device id 0xb723:

paolo@paolo:~$ cat /sys/bus/sdio/devices/*/modalias sdio:c07v024CdB723

So that driver should at least try to probe his device.

Regards,
Arend

I built my own kernel in the debian way , very simple and amusing , i removed some modules not interesting , i set to M rtl8723bs and all ok !!! only a bit long the building with my dual core ,The bluetooth needs rtk_hciattach of Larry Finger , however strange the new debian kernels above all 4.13rc have not set rtl8723bs module.
Best regards

rtk_hciattach