Search Linux Wireless

[RFC] rfkill rfkill_state enhancements and new docs

These two patches apply on top of the new patchset I just sent to
linux-wireless.

They are NOT finished yet.  In particular, patch 1 was just
compile-tested so far, but I thought I should get early comments on it
to get it ready ASAP.

Patch 2 *really* improves the documentation of rfkill, please look at it
and tell me if it answered any lingering doubts about what rfkill can do
and how to use it.

So, please send me your comments about them.  I want to get them ready,
improved and tested to the point of sending a request for merge during
this week, so that they could conceivably also make it for 2.6.27.

Note: I have checked, and there is nothing technical that precludes a
wireless driver like ipw2200 to register many rfkill classes, one per
rfkill input line.  However, doing so is bad from an usability PoV, so
it is forbidden by "policy" (i.e. the docs tell you not to).  Platform
drivers, that often deal with various rfkill controllers, ARE expected
to register many rfkill classes.

I am still updating thinkpad-acpi to use the new functionality on these
two patches, but I think I have converted its bluetooth switch already
to the new functionality (warning: untested).  If you want to look at
the new code, it is at:
git://repo.or.cz/linux-2.6/linux-acpi-2.6/ibm-acpi-2.6.git devel

  Henrique Holschuh