Search Linux Wireless

Re: AP mode with Broadcom 4330

On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 09:50:21PM +0200, Arend van Spriel wrote:
> I was going to agree with you, but having second thoughts. There are
> actually two use-cases that need to be handled properly. The regular AP
> case and the MBSS case. In case of MBSS the initial AP interface will
> have mbss set to false and subsequent AP interfaces will have mbss set
> to true, but in firmware this has to be configured inverted. That is
> what the code above is doing. However, this indeed breaks the regular AP
> case for firmwares that abuse that setting for testing purposes (no idea
> why that is in a released firmware).

Maybe detect the BCRM_TEST_SSID string in the firmware file (as it's
broken up amongst other data, it's not trivial) and disable mbss for
such firmware?  Alternatively, maybe blacklist mbss for some firmware
versions?

Do the firmware versions that include this "abuse" actually have
functional mbss?

There's also the obvious question: which firmware is recommended for
the 4330?

--
RMK's Patch system: http://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
according to speedtest.net.