From: linux-wireless-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:linux-wireless-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of George H
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2017 3:43 AM
To: linux-wireless@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Problem seen with wireless mesh

Hi

I have two wireless products forming a wireless mesh. One (let's call
it A) runs 2.6.37 kernel while the other (let's call it B) runs 3.18
kernel. The wireless mesh based on IEEE80211s runs successfully
(mac80211 module).

I see a problem where the communication between A to B freezes
intermittently, each time the duration is between a minute and two
minutes. The product A is at fault here. During this period, no ping
from a PC to A succeeds. Using a serial terminal to A, I investigated
and found:

1) Top doesn't show anything suspicious when the issue is hit. The
same processes are seen always.

2) The watchdog on A is not triggered when the issue is hit.

3) It's not a firewall issue, had tried clearing all iptables entries.

4) I checked netstat, nothing that gave further clues.

5) Added debug printk's through the mesh code in mac80211, but I'm not
seeing anything with strong evidence so far.

Any tips to debug the issue? Thanks.