Search Linux Wireless

Re: PATCH v3 brcmfmac driver cleanup

On 24/07/17 20:47, Arend van Spriel wrote:
> On 19-07-17 21:07, Ian Molton wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Please find the 3rd revision of my cleanup patchset for brcmfmac.
>>
>> I've done some further cleanup and it now handles SDIO the ay the MMC subsystem
>> was designed to.
>>
>> I've also taken the liberty of greatly reducing the amount of indirection
>> used thoughout the SDIO code, which I think has improved readability quite a
>> lot.
>>
>> Hope this finds you all well.
> After only one week of vacation there was quite some catching up to do.
> So I decided to get an easy start and run 'checkpatch.pl --strict' over
> the series. Attached the output of that. Might be stuff that was already
> wrong before.

Some of it will be. I can see a couple of lines have crept over 80 chars.

Some lines are ~81-83 chars - I tend to leave those as its usually quite
apparent what is missing off the end. Longer ones I agree should be split.

The original source has some inconsistent whitespace too, which
complicates matters.

> I did only a quick check on patch 1/34 and it is really
> introduced by that patch. So can you please check the output.

Will have a run through and resubmit.

> FWIW, I tend to ignore the warning about block comments, ie.:

Yeah, I tend to agree. /* Blah as the first line of a multiline comment
just looks unbalanced to me.

-Ian