Search Linux Wireless

mwifiex on 8977 8897 beacon frames forwarding

Hi,

Is there any way how to properly get beacon frames from firmware? Not sure if anybody tried that or played with that. CMD_802_11_RX_MGMT_INDICATION is not working as expected (details below the line)
and we do not want to use monitor mode for this.
Is there probably something undocumented?
Or is there any firmware for 8977 and 8897 which would forward the management frames?

I guess this is some "if statement" buried in the firmware which is black box for us

---

On 8977 the command CMD_802_11_RX_MGMT_INDICATION gets through successfully(tried various masks like 256 and others),
but the beacons are not coming from data path
(checking all packets, the best what we can get is probe request frames 40 00). However we can get them in monitor mode (but this is unusable solution for us).

On 8897 the situation is the same - the command gets through, but the beacons are not coming.. the monitor mode cannot be turned on because the command returns 2 - unsupported.

Any hints or ideas would be highly appreciated
Thanks and all the best,

Ondrej from Stream Unlimited.