Search Linux Wireless

Problem with RTL8191SU driver

Hi,

I have a usb wifi stick with a RTL8191SU chipset and the driver doesn't
work for me (at least I think that's the problem). I'm using the
following driver: [1] which refers on its page to this email address for
reports.

I listed all relevant information in a post [2] in the archlinux forum,
espescially interesting is probably the dmesg output [3] and the
systemctl status NetworkManager output [4]. Also with NetworkManager
stopped it doesn't work (which was one of the proposed solutions): [5]

Is this a driver problem? If yes, how can I solve this? Espescially the
"does not support SSID scanning" is a bit weird for a usb wifi stick
which should at least support this, right?

Thanks in advance,
Marius

PS: Please keep me in CC or send me a quick message if I need to
subscribe to the mailinglist to follow the thread.

[1] https://github.com/chunkeey/rtl8192su
[2] https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=223264
[3] https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1691938#p1691938
[4] https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1692639#p1692639