Search Linux Wireless

Re: [english 95%] QUESTIONS to ieee80211_beacon_get AND ieee80211_get_buffered_bc

Hello Johannes,

thanks to your helpfull support, which enabled me to precise my request, which I edited in the follows:
Hy all,

I have a question to he two methods:

ieee80211_beacon_get
ieee80211_get_buffered_bc
in tx.c

Both are called by the hardware driver to get a current beacon from the ieee80211 stack. Thereby the ieee80211_beacon_get is called normally. The other method is just called, if a buffered /multicast channel(DTIM) is needed or used - but necessaryly the ieee80211_beacon_get must be called before. Is this right? So if I want to manipulate the beacons send out I would start at ieee80211_beacon_get right?

How often refresh the hardwaredriver usually the requested beacon? Does "Returned skb is used only once and low-level driver is responsible of freeing it." means, that the method is called always when new Beacon frame will be transmitted? Or does this depend on the hardware? Which kind of hardwaredrivers does allready utilize this methods, isit allready the standard way to transfer the generation of the beacons to the stack?

An total independent question: Following the suggestion of Holger Schurig I started to extend the Glossary in the wiki (with the abbreviations in the source code) a few hours ago, but My extension was removed again. Why?

All the Best
Sebastian