Search Linux Wireless

Re: [Patch] NFC: trf7970a:

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 5:56 PM, Mark Greer <mgreer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I just realized that the linux-nfc is not CC'd so adding it.
>
> On Wed, Feb 08, 2017 at 03:53:39PM -0700, Mark Greer wrote:

> > > So neard crashes even when the write fails??  Okay, I'll let it run for
> > > a while tomorrow (Monday).
> >
> > [Okay, so not exactly "tomorrow" but I did get back to this.]
> >
> > Geoff, a few things:
> >
> > 1) Any update on these issues?

Yes - I've discovered the primary trigger of my problems.  I'm using
some very small tags from Murata, and they don't have a strong signal.
Sometimes when writing, the tags can get corrupted data written to
them. When the tag is verified by re-reading it, neard bails out
because it finds non-utf8 characters.  So far I have found it
impossible to rewrite a tag once it has been mal-formed.

> > 2) Do you have all of the NFC-related patches from the nfc-next master
> > branch?  In particular, do you have all of Thierry's patches to
> > net/nfc/digial_*.c dated around June-July 2016?  Without those patches,
> > I see a panic; with them, I don't.

No, we don't.  the last patch I've got in our kernel version is yours
from 7-21-2014.  I'm inquiring with more experienced people to see how
to address that.

> > 3) Assuming you have all of those patches, please revert the one with the
> > summary line of, "NFC: digital: Set the command pending flag", and tell me
> > if that stops the "Bogus state" messages.  I don't know which repo/branch
> > you're using so I can't provide a commit id.

No to the patches, but I found the commit you are talking about and
will look at it.   Maybe possible to cherry pick it.