Search Linux Wireless

Re: Packet throughput (and those iperf data rate) with mac80211/ath9k is 20% worse than net80211/madwifi

One thing to consider:  Older ath9k and maybe madwifi used a different congestion control,
and it got higher throughput in optimal situations in our testing.  When it was removed
from the kernel, there was some effort to improve the minstrel_ht algorithm, but I don't
think it ever performed quite as well as far as bulk transfer is concerned.

Thanks,
Ben