Search Linux Wireless

Re: [RFC] nl80211: allow multiple active scheduled scan requests

> However, we need to prefer something
> > -
> > always preferring the new sched scan could lead to bounces, so we
> > can
> > prefer (1) existing, (2) legacy-single type or (3) new-multi type,
> > but
> > not (4) new sched scan.
>
> Not sure I can follow. What is the difference between (1) and (2).

(1) would never cancel any existing sched scan, regardless of type
(legacy vs. multi-capable)

(2) would cancel an existing sched scan (in favour of a new one) if the
existing one is multi-capable

(3) would cancel an existing sched scan (in favour of a new one) if the
existing one is legacy type

> Also
> what do you consider (4) new sched scan. You mean the additional
> parameterization of the scheduled scan?

No, I just meant any new request.

> > I think preferring the existing would probably be best, i.e. refuse
> > legacy if any sched scan is running, and refuse multi if legacy is
> > running?
>
> Whatever the response above, I can understand this and it seems most
> straightforward. So I tend agree this is our best option although
> maybe for the wrong reason.

:)

johannes