Search Linux Wireless

gpio outputs that disable wireless to PCI Express Mini Card and RFKILL

Greetings,

The PCI Express Mini Card (aka Mini PCIe) spec calls out pin 20 as
W_DISABLE# to allow a PCIe host to disable the add-in card's radio
operation and we have run this to a GPIO on our boards for some time.
The M.2 specs also provide such signals. Is there any support in the
Linux RFKILL subsystem to define this?

Looking over the RFKILL subsystem I see support for wireless drivers
to register with rfkill to support on/off/state hooks and support for
gpio based rfkill 'input' switches but I haven't seen anything that
deals with GPIO 'outputs' to add-in card slots. Perhaps support for
this hasn't been deemed necessary because instead software
controllable methods are always used to control rfkill states for the
wireless devices on add-in cards?

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Harvey - Principal Software Engineer
Gateworks Corporation - http://www.gateworks.com/
3026 S. Higuera St. San Luis Obispo CA 93401
805-781-2000