Search Linux Wireless

CRDA/wireless-regdb to limit communication to certified countries

Hello,

I'm in need of a way to meet various levels of certification based on the country the device is operating in. For example, let's say the device will be certified for 2.4 GHz and 5GHz in the US but in Japan it will be limited to 2.4GHz. In order to do so, I've modified wireless-regdb used by CRDA and it seems to work okay by country once associated with an AP, but I still have a few questions (mostly related to clarification of information from https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/regulatory/processing_rules).

1)  The NO-IR flag prevents a device from initiating radiation on a channel, but supposedly it can be lifted while world roaming if an AP is broadcasting on that channel. Suppose my device is world roaming (country code 00) and all channels in country 00 are set to NO-IR.
What happens if my device notices an AP beaconing with country IE of Japan on a channel that was originally NO-IR?
A country IE is said to be ignored until we try to associate with it, will the device now allow initiation of radiation on the channels which the AP was beaconing on?

2) I noticed in country 00 that the power of 60GHz channels were set to 0. Is this a better way of truly disabling transmission on certain frequencies until a Country Information Element is received from an AP? The main goal is to follow our certification by country correctly, and allow no transmissions that would violate certifications.

Thanks for any and all input!

Brandon

Please be advised that this email may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us by email by replying to the sender and delete this message. The sender disclaims that the content of this email constitutes an offer to enter into, or the acceptance of, any agreement; provided that the foregoing does not invalidate the binding effect of any digital or other electronic reproduction of a manual signature that is included in any attachment.