Search Linux Wireless

Re: iwlwifi: Bug - can't connect to WPA PSK access point any more

Dnia 04-06-2008 o 09:40:10 Emmanuel Grumbach <egrumbach@xxxxxxxxx> napisał(a):

black magic here... are you sure there is no other services in the
area ? NM avahi and friends ?

Nm works in background with wifi turned off.
wlan0 is manually turned on again (ifconfig wlan0 up) and then wpa_supplicant run.

There are no other supplicants.

Avahi? avahi only works while using ifup (debian/ubuntu specific) or NM.
Wpa_supplicant run by hand doesn't interfere with this service.. If not - please tell me how?

It's quite black magic for me too.. Im lost from about two months of fighitng.. First wifi was extremly unstable and associated after 20 minutes, now it sometimes works after 30 min, but just after executing dhclient connection drops with message about (i don't remeber well and no logs here)
'dropping packet, tkip counter didn't increase' or something like that.

This list is the last place where I can find any help. Trying to solve my problems myself, but it took me too long without any positive results.

Regards,
Bartek