Search Linux Wireless

RE: Problems getting mwifiex with sd8887 to work

0x242 command failure is expected for sd8887, as It's not supported. Driver shouldn't abort initialization in this case. You can try below change. I will prepare a patch to send this command based on firmware version/capability.

-------
@ -2304,8 +2304,8 @@ int mwifiex_sta_init_cmd(struct mwifiex_private *priv, u8 first_sta, bool init)
                                return -1;
                }

-               mwifiex_send_cmd(priv, HostCmd_CMD_CHAN_REGION_CFG,
-                                HostCmd_ACT_GEN_GET, 0, NULL, true);
+//             mwifiex_send_cmd(priv, HostCmd_CMD_CHAN_REGION_CFG,
+//                              HostCmd_ACT_GEN_GET, 0, NULL, true);
        }
---------

Regards,
Amitkumar