Search Linux Wireless

Re: sequence diagrams in rst documentation

Am 21.10.2016 um 15:04 schrieb Johannes Berg <johannes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>> I had the same conclusion for math:: directives pulling in latex
>> dependency [1]. Hopefully Markus can help here.
>
> Yeah, good one.
>
> Maybe it's actually simple? Depending on where sphinx will look for
> plugins first, we could just ship the plugins with a no-op
> implementation (pass through the text as pre-formatted text), and if it
> finds the plugin first in a system-wide path that version would win for
> the better rendering?

Yes and No. It depends on the tools (toolchains) we want to use.
As far as I can see from a abstract POV it should by simple for
math:: / since we already use/need LaTeX for PDF, for other tools
I have to look.

I general I think, we should not include Java into our toolchains
even if it is optional. Thats, why I won't vote for http://plantuml.com/

aafigure: has dependencies [1] to reportlab (which is IMO inapposite) and
PIL, which is outdated / and aafigure itself seems outdated [2].

seqdiag: requires blockdiag and this requires Pillow ... until here
its seems not bad, but there is also some "optional" dependencies to
ImageMagick and reportlab (both smells).

IMO a tool which generates SVG would be the best, I have to check
if I find some or if some of the above could used in this way.

For this I need time ;-) ... ATM I work in a custom project but
I hope I will find next week time to dig more deeper.

-- Markus --

[1] https://pythonhosted.org/sphinxcontrib-aafig/#requirements
[2] http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~aafigure-team/aafigure/trunk/files