Search Linux Wireless

Re: [RFC 0/5] ath6kl: non WMI data service support

On 10/14/2016 09:34 AM, Valo, Kalle wrote:
> Erik Stromdahl <erik.stromdahl@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> This patch series is intended to prepare the ath6kl driver
>> for newer chipsets that doesn't use the current WMI data
>> endpoints for data traffic.
>>
>> The chipset I have been working with (and used for testing)
>> is QCA6584. It is SDIO based (at least the variant I have
>> been using) with 802.11p WAVE DSRC capabilities.
>>
>> This chipset is different from the AR600X family in that
>> it does not use the WMI data services (service id's 0x101
>> to 0x104 ) for data traffic.
>> Instead it uses the HTT data service for data and wmi unified
>> for control messages.
>> It is also different when it comes to mailbox addresses
>> and HTC header format as well, but these differences are not
>> part of this patch series.
>
> Do you have more patches implemented, like something already working or
> have just started?

I have an implementation with all features I need so far, but the other
patches will require cleanup before I can submit anything.

I have been using the qcacld driver as a basis for the work and some of
the stuff in that driver is not really compliant with the kernel coding
style (to say the least).

I have so far mainly been focused on getting all features up and running
and that has (unfortunately) resulted in some copy-pasting from qcacld.

I will start having a look at ath10k and see how much work it would be
to add sdio support to it...