Search Linux Wireless

Re: suspend vs. b43

Johannes Berg wrote:
On Fri, 2008-05-30 at 16:06 +0200, Michael Buesch wrote:
On Friday 30 May 2008 14:31:53 Johannes Berg wrote:
Since a while ago I've had trouble resuming when b43 was connected to an
AP while suspended.

I did a test today where this was the only difference, but I failed to
see whether ssb or b43 were causing the problem.

Does anyone have a machine with b43 in it that can suspend and supports
the RTC-trace feature so we can narrow it down? Even reproducing might
help to make sure it's not just something weird with my powerbook.
Resume is pretty broken since some time for me.
It sometimes works fine and sometimes just hangs with a black screen.
I have no idea what's going on.

Odd. Resume itself works just fine here, except when b43 is up. But then
again, you might not notice that this is the problem because by default,
nothing gets printed on the resume console and then it will indeed hang
with a black screen.

johannes
With NM disabled 2.6.25-wl  4311 after a suspend/resume I can:
1. Successfully scan for APs (ifconfig wlan0 up... iwlist wlan0 scan)
2. Associate with an AP  (iwconfig ...essid...key...)
3. Get a DHCP address (dhclient... offer... bound to address such and such)
but
4. NO FURTHER IP COMMUNICATIONS WORKS

Let me know what other diags to run or if I should upgrade to the latest wl tree if you think that will change the symptoms.
Things have been busy but there is a weekend coming up here shortly.

Ehud