Search Linux Wireless

Re: ath9k_htc kernel driver regression affecting throughput

On 09/21/2016 09:53 PM, bruce m beach wrote:
memory will be very tight. There is 160k or known ram and bits and pieces
elsewhere. The rom is 24k (maximum). I currently am not to worried about
it. (although I am watching it)
bruce

Probably you know this...but check structs for memory holes, unused
fields (write only, for instance) and other wastes.
ath10k firmware was full of needless memory bloat in those areas.

Global pointers can be used in some cases to help, but mysteriously
seem to cause more instruction RAM in some cases.

Watch 'instruction ram' usage:  Changing code to use a bitfield may save
some BSS ram, but may easily use far more instruction ram than what you
saved with the bitfield.

Good luck!

Thanks,
Ben