Search Linux Wireless

Re: RTL8192EU on rtl8xxxu driver breaks every few minutes

Oops, forgot to forward the previous reply to the mailing list.

I have attached the output of iw link

the AP is an asus dsl-n55u router in 2.4 GHz mode, using WPA2-Personal
with AES encryption. It's also running a second 5GHz wireless network
which has a different SSID.

Also, this seems to be some kind of power saving kicking in, as the dongle keeps working as long as I keep doing things over ssh.

On 09/20/2016 10:12 PM, Jes Sorensen wrote:
> "Franc[e]sco" <lolisamurai@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> Hi, I happen to own a RTL8192EU WiFi dongle which is marked as untested
>> by the rtl8xxxu driver.
>>
>> I'm on a linux from scratch system using kernel 4.7.3 and wpa_supplicant
>> 2.5.
>>
>> The dongle appears to connect and work fine, but after around 10 minutes
>> it deauthenticates and enters and endless loop of authentication
>> timeout. This continues even if I bring the interface down and back up
>> again. The only way to restore the connection is to physically remove
>> and re-plug the usb dongle.
>>
>> I have attached a dmesg log of connecting and entering the auth loop.
> Please provide details about the AP you are trying to connect to and iw
> link output.
>
> Jes

$ ./iw enx001988001e33 link
Connected to e0:3f:49:97:0c:68 (on enx001988001e33)
	SSID: memes
	freq: 2472
	RX: 4328394 bytes (26075 packets)
	TX: 380760 bytes (2785 packets)